Friday, September 20, 2024

final beats 12

Previous.

INT. FOYER - D

Describe. Hunter passing through, stopped by DOORBELL. The peephole and his double take. 


EXT.  HUNTER'S FRONT DOOR - NEXT MOMENT

Tom in hat at the door. Hunter opens enough to peer out. Tom's truck on the street near the bins.

TOM: Howdy. My name is Tom Walker.

Hunter surveys him. 

HUNTER: Tom Walker from Texas who was in Reno fifty-one years ago last month?

TOM: One of 'em anyway. June second through the fifth.

HUNTER:  What's my mother's name.

TOM: Olivia. If I have the right Hunter Hardyn.       

HUNTER: How did you find my address?

TOM: Paid a few bucks for a search.

HUNTER: Just happen to be in the neighborhood?

TOM: Well, sorta. Passin' through on my to Texas.

HUNTER: Passing through from where?

TOM: Where I live with my wife in Laramie, Wyoming.

HUNTER: I'm leaving to pick up my daughter at the airport in El Paso.

TOM: Yessir. I could maybe stop back by on my way home.

HUNTER: When will that be?

TOM: Oh I reckon maybe a week. 

HUNTER: We won't be here in a week.

TOM: Yessir.  

Hunter opens the door, steps back, motions Tom in. Tom takes off his hat, enters. Hunter gives the truck a look, closes the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment